In accordance with the laws of the State of Israel, every employee who is not Israeli is required to obtain a work permit prior to commencement of employment in Israel.

The need for an employment permit and a B-1 work visa applies to various types of workers from day one of their employment. The profession as well as the length of employment offered to the experts will determine the application process. Each track has unique characteristics, different required documents, and varied timelines.

Our company is part of Kan-Tor & Acco law firm, the largest and most experienced work visa law firm in Israel with more than 20 years of experience. Together we will analyze this information and identify the optimal visa type in terms of procedure, duration, and characteristics.

Main Visa Categories:

Please visit Kan-tor & Acco website to learn more about the optional work visas in Israel: Click here

Caring for the Spouse

Spouse/ partner of Hi-Tech (HIT) Visa holder can access employment via the Employment Authorization for Spouse (EAS) Visa. The EAS visa, type Hi-Tech B-1 will allow the spouse to work for any employer without a requirement for a prevailing wage. This cover self-employment, in certain conditions.

Children (under the age of 18) of a Hi-Tech (HIT) visa holder are not allowed to work in Israel.

The one-year Hi-Tech (HIT) visa is granted to foreign experts of visa-waiver nationality who will work for qualified high-tech companies in Israel.

Dependants of B-1 Foreign Expert Visa holders may reside in Israel on a B-2 Visitor Visa. Spouse/ partners are not allowed to work on this visa and must obtain their own B-1 Foreign Expert visa based on their own eligibility and sponsored by their prospective employer

Dependants of Hi-Tech (HIT) Visa and B-1 Foreign Expert visa holders include:

1.      the spouse

2.      non-married partner (subject to the discretion of the Ministry of Interior)

3.      same-sex spouse (subject to the discretion of the Ministry of Interior)

4.      children under the age of 18.

Relo360 is proud to supports the case led by Permits Foundation, to encourage ‘open’ work permit or authorization for legally resident expatriate partners.

Permits Foundations Agenda

Permits Foundation promotes the best practice of an ‘open’ work permit or authorization for legally resident expatriate partners. This gives them immediate access to the employment market for the same duration as the main work permit holder, once they have obtained their accompanying family member residence status. They can then apply for jobs freely, and take temporary project work or part-time work, without the uncertainty and time-consuming bureaucracy of a work permit application. It also reduces bureaucracy for the authorities and helps employers fill urgent and temporary vacancies.

About Permits Foundations

Permits Foundations is a not-for-profit organization campaigning globally to improve work permit regulations to make it easier for partners of expatriate staff to gain employment during an international assignment.

Since our start-up in 2001, Permits Foundations have been progressively successful in influencing change throughout the European Union, as well as in the USA, Asia (India, Japan

Latin America (Brazil and Peru). Thirty-five countries now allow accompanying spouses or partners to work. Permits Foundations continue to promote best practices and monitor legislative improvements in all these countries, as well as setting up new projects (for example, in South Africa and China) in our global campaign.

Permits Foundations surveys show that governments that allow partners to work attract highly skilled employees associated with international business, investment, and development; creating a ‘triple win’ for host countries, employers, and families alike.