Work permit visas for high-tech workers, short-term workers, academic specialists, scientists, and others are among the Israeli visa types for highly qualified workers. US/UK Expats should be aware that while temporary residence cards for Israel are issued to workers who stay in the nation for an extended period of time, permanent permits are more difficult to get. There is also no such thing as a self-employment visa, despite the fact that the country has an entrepreneurial program.

If you’re wondering how to apply for an Israeli visa, we’ll go over the several types of work visas available to you. Furthermore, depending on whether you are an entrepreneur or a US/UK investor, you will find information about self-employment visas here. The Israeli visa application and process for employees seeking the B/1 work visa differs depending on the type of work you will be conducting in the country. This visa is available to experts, scientists, high-tech employees, and others.

Work permit visas

Israeli visa requirements for the B/1 work visa normally involve clearance from the Ministry of Interior, a medical exam, and passing your visa interview, among other things.

Work Permits and Employment-Based Visas

A professional relocating to Israel for work or business might do so with the B/1 work visa, which combines a work permit and an employment visa.

How to Get a B/1 Work Visa

The B/1 work visa is a business visa that allows workers to stay in Israel for a limited period of time in order to work. Experts, scientists, high-tech workers, and artists receive them. This visa is extendable. You will only require a visa if you are working in Israel for less than 30 days. If you intend to stay and work for longer than this period, you will also need a work permit. This can be done at the same time as the visa application. Before going to Israel, you will need to request both in your home nation. You must submit an application to an Israeli consulate.

Work Visa Requirements

The following are the Israeli work visa criteria for this permit:

When you arrive, customs will stamp your visa, making it valid for 30 days. You must request an extension before the 30-day period expires. Extensions are then valid for up to a year and allow you to leave and enter Israel as often as you wish.

Specialists Working in Academic and Non-Academic Fields

Specialists working in academic or non-academic disciplines for more than three months will be awarded a B-1 visa and will need to apply for a work permit.

visas and work permits

These workers can stay and work in Israel for a maximum of five years and three months from the moment they arrive. The visa typically takes two to three months to process.

Experts Working in Short-Term Employment

If you are a specialist working for up to three months, you will be given a B-1 visa and will need the following documents:

It takes two to three months for the application to be processed. On a B-1 visa, you can also get a different brief employment authorization that permits you to work in the nation for up to 45 days.

High Tech Work Visa

Foreign nationals of particular countries who want to work for approved cyber and high-tech enterprises in Israel will be awarded a B/1 work visa. They will require the following documents:

Ten working days are required for processing.


Family Visa

Holders of the B/1 Work visa may bring their partners and children to Israel, with the exception of US/UK expats staying for less than three months. Under the B/2 courtesy visa, family members are granted temporary residence visas. These visas are usually valid for the same period of time as the employee’s work visa. Visas for accompanying family members must be obtained concurrently with the applicant’s work visa.

Family members of high-tech workers will be granted employment authorization (EAS B/1 work visa for spouses).