Working and living in Israel necessitates work permits and visas, which are not easy to obtain. There are various types of visas and work permits, each with its own set of “laws” and paperwork to complete. How do you know what type of visa you require or whether your employer will handle your work permit?

Work Permits for a Corporate Relocation

To work in Israel, you’ll need a work permit, which is essentially permission from the Israeli government to do so. This permit is granted on the basis of information given by you, your employer, and the company requiring your services in Israel.

Female staff checking boarding pass of passengers at check-in counter Free Photo

Obtaining a Work Permit

The first step is to request a work permit from your employer and then file an application with the Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Labor. The application includes all pertinent information about your employment, including why you will be working in Israel, how long you will be working there, your profession, and your remuneration. The entire process can take up to sixty working days from the time the application is submitted to the time you receive your work permit, and it is subject to a variety of government costs.

How Long is a Work Permit Valid?

Depending on the project’s requirements, a work permit might be requested for one or two years. Temporary permission for up to one month can also be obtained. When it comes to obtaining a one-month permit, the procedure is substantially simpler. Approval takes only a few days, and the application must be accompanied by a round-trip ticket.

Obtaining the Right Visas for You and Your Family

After you’ve obtained your work permit, you’ll need to apply for a visa to enter the nation. Unlike work permits, which can be transferred from one employee to another if necessary, visas are personal to the individual and are added to their passport. A visa must be obtained from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and it comes with a number of government expenses. Visas are valid for one year and must be renewed after that.

What is needed to apply for a work visa?

The B/1 working visa is for someone who has been granted permission to stay in Israel for a limited period of time in order to work; it is thus a short-term visa. This visa is only provided with the approval of the Ministry of the Interior and is awarded to experts and artists, among others. You can also apply for a specialist work visa, which allows you to work in either an academic or non-academic subject. Working in Israel without a work visa is illegal for the UK and other international expats, so if you want to work there, you’ll need one.

Before applying for the B/1 visa, which is available to scientists, tech workers, and academics, you must have a job offer. You’ll need the following items:

You may also need a police clearance check and apostilled marriage and birth certificates for any dependents traveling with you. You may also be required to provide a salary disclosure.

Obtaining the appropriate visas and work permits for you and your family is a lengthy and demanding procedure that necessitates a great deal of patience as well as a thorough understanding of Israel’s laws and regulations.

It is advisable to seek relocation assistance from professionals who can help you through the entire procedure in order to make your relocation to Israel more productive. While it may appear hard and challenging, it can be made quite simple if you are directed by an expert in Israel who can assist you and your family with ease.